Monday, September 14, 2009

09.09.09

Ode to my Daddio.
Dale Bradley Saip - born September 9th, 1959.

This post is about him.

My dad is now fifty years old, and I thought it would be appropriate to share a couple of thoughts and some fun pictures in celebration!

First of all, I'm very grateful to my dad for the years he spent coaching me - not just in softball or hockey, but in life. I have always known that my dad loves me dearly, and wants the very best for me - and because of that, I count myself very blessed.

My dad also knows more people than anyone I know... I remember as a child we would go out for dinner or to a movie and there would be a handful of "acquaintances" that would approach him at one point or another... we kids would always ask "who was that?" to which he could usually give an answer...

Dad also belongs to an extremely entertaining clan... family get togethers with Uncle Grant and his family, Uncle Barry and his family, and the "grandma-ma" are always an absolute hoot.

I will also add that my dad has many titles, dad, chairman, vice-president and coach - he is also one of the most genuine "cowboys" I've ever met.

Basically, I love my dad.
I'll throw in some pics to entertain you all...










2 comments:

  1. The one of your dad in the red plaid shirt and hat IS Gat. Crazy. I also love the one of him and Whitt in her riding het up, and of course the one of you two dancing.
    Happy Birthday Dale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay,
    Being of the techno challenged i didn't know this existed until your big Sis showed me last night! You are sweet to not use some of the other pics i know you have access to! I love you too!
    The DAD

    ReplyDelete