Monday, May 24, 2010

gotta sing, gotta act!

So, as some of you may know, I'm going to be running musical theatre summer day camps for kids in August. I did a similar sort of class through parks and rec for a couple of years and figured "why not do what I love, make some money and teach kids how to be confident in their talents?"
And so, it's happening! As soon as the website is good to go (Tomorrow, I believe) I will be printing out flyers and distributing them at rec. centers and churches across Abbotsford.

All this to say, I'm excited! Because I'm still healing, this "self-employment" allows for me to not only create my own cirriculum and manage my own schedule, but also to do a couple of courses without "over-doing it", leading to another health-digression.

To add some visual interest, here are a couple of photos I had sent to Jon Campbell (who is creating my website for me!) as possibilities for my "instructor" page...

singing at YC

Guys and Dolls!

Les Miserables (dress rehearsal)

"Rat" - Fantastic Mr. Fox

"Cars That Go Boom!"

YC

Les Miserables

No comments:

Post a Comment