Wednesday, March 16, 2011

to take the words from Job.

I've taken some verses from throughout the book of Job and added my own thoughts amongst them.

You must know my eyes have seen all this.
That my ears have heard it and I understand.
These things that you know? I know them.
These words that you're speaking to me are nothing new.
What I want is a private audience... with the creator of the universe.
I want to speak to speak to the Almighty.
To stand before Him and watch how He sees me. How I feel. How I'm hurting.
For though he slay me, yet I will hope in Him.
Till the end of my days...

For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and in the end He will stand upon the earth
And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God. Me. With these eyes.
I long for that day and yet, I'm terrified for it...
Because of what I've done. Who I am.
For I am flawed in every way imaginable,
and though it seems that I have had to deal with more than I can, at times, handle,
I truly did not get what I deserved. What I deserve.
He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit
and I will therefore live to enjoy the light.

So speak, God.
Tell me of Your plans for I'm afraid this affliction leads me to make my own.
I'm sorry for how I've despaired - for begging "why me?"
Surely I spoke of things I do not understand.
Things too wonderful for me to know.

The truth, Father, is that my ears had, indeed, heard of you...
but now, through this, my eyes are finally seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment