Saturday, December 12, 2009

a few of my favourite things...

I LOVE Christmas, and although I had originally intended on listing some of my favourite Christmas songs for you all to enjoy, I found that trying to narrow down the list practically threw me into a panic! SO, I've decided to list Christmas movies that I MUST watch every year (and I'm sure you all have a similar list). Let's do "top 7" shall we?

#7 - White Christmas


Let's face it, hollywood has taken a major dive in the areas of talent and class - compare someone like Lindsay Lohan or Seth Rogen to stars from the 1950's like Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye or Rosemary Clooney... see my point? This movie is a classic - "Vermont's beautiful this time of year... all that snow!"

#6 - Home Alone

There is something about watching robbers who get "poned" (as they say) by a little kid that is unceasingly hilarious. LOVE the theme song from this movie. McCauley Culkin deserves MAJOR props for being a flipping amazing actor at such a young age.

#5 - The Grinch

Brilliant. Whoever thought of combining Jim Carey and Christmas deserves a gold medal. I can almost quote every line from this movie and it's STILL not old (nor will it ever be!). "Kids these days... so desensitized by movies and television."

#4 - It's a Wonderful Life

Beautiful. Jimmy Stewart will always be an integral part of Christmas traditions... what an amazing actor. My favourite line? "this is a very interesting situation!" (as he holds the robe beside the bush). Man, life is good.

*Before I list the next three, please note that this was a VERY difficult decision...

#3 - A Charlie Brown Christmas

"I can tell you what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown! Lights please?!" This little movie speaks for itself... Charles Schultz, thank you for "Peanuts".

#2 - A Christmas Story

Can you believe that some people don't even KNOW about this movie?! I can't imagine Christmas without it! "Fra-Gi-Le... must be Italian." "I think it says 'fragile' sweety", "So help me God, yellow eyes!", "I like the Wizard of Oz"... Who wrote this? I want to get a tattoo of their name.

#1 - Christmas Vacation

"I don't know about the dog Clark, but I sure am enjoying it!" This is probably the funniest movie of all time. I honestly can not think of a movie that I enjoy watching as much as this one... "She'll see it later honey, her eyes are frozen".

And there you have it! If you have not seen any of these movies - shame on you! Go out, right now (put on a toque because it's VERY cold), and rent... no no, BUY them immediately.

Merry Christmas friends - stay posted for a Max Lucado story...

No comments:

Post a Comment