Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day by Day.

I wrote this note for facebook last week, but I thought I'd share it on my blog as well...


Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

sometimes I get discouraged. sometimes I wonder why I'm still dealing with these health issues, why God hasn't healed me. but then I remember just how good I have it... just how blessed I am. despite the frustration I sometimes feel, I know that I belong to an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful Saviour.

i love this old hymn. my prayer is that these words would always ring true in my life.


Day by day and with each passing moment,

Strength I find to meet my trials here;

Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,

I've no cause for worry or for fear.

He whose heart is kind beyond all measure,

Give unto each day what He deems best;

Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,

Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Ev'ry day the Lord Himself is near me

With a special mercy for each hour;

All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,

He whose name is Counselor and Pow'r.

The protection of His child and treasure,

Is a charge that on Himself He laid;

"As your days, your strength shall be in measure,"

This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in ev'ry tribulation,

So to trust Your promises, O Lord;

That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,

Offered me within Your holy Word.

Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,

E'er to take, as from a Father's hand,

One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,

Till I reach the promised land

No comments:

Post a Comment